Altair GPCAM3 287M Mono USB3 Camera
The Altair GPCAM3 287M is a specialist solar, planetary and guiding camera with an extremely fast frame rate and Global shutter.
The frame rate can reach a maximum 540fps on a high-end laptop, earning it the nickname of ?Baby Shark?.
The 0.4mp sensor has 6.9µm pixels in a 720x540 pixel array to suit long focal length telescopes.
This camera is of particular interest to planetary, lunar and solar imagers, especially for long focal length, high resolution imaging. We recommend this camera for advanced users, who are familiar with long focal length imaging with a crop factor.
Solar Imaging: The pixel size is well suited to refractors of 115mm or larger, and the Altair Solar Wedge and 2-3X Flat Field Barlow, or the DayStar Quark, as well as reflectors of larger aperture using Baader Astro Solar Film and the Altair NUV 395nm filter.
Auto Guiding: Another application is guiding with an OAG or Off Axis Guider, where the relatively large pixel size would be ideal for guiding at the full focal length of the main imaging scope. The camera has an ST4 auto-guiding port, and can be used to auto-guide directly with mounts from all the major manufacturers.
Lunar and planetary imaging: Not only is the GPCAM287M ideal for high speed Mono planetary imaging with filters, but also delivers impressive high power lunar imaging results with large reflectors.
Scope of Delivery:
- Camera body with dual USB3.0/2.0 socket and ST4 guide port.
- 1.5m High-speed USB3.0 cable.
- 1.5m ST4 guide cable.
- 1.25 inch x nosepiece with female 1.25" filter thread on the front.
- (Optional 2" OD Nosepiece with dual 2 and 1.25" filter threads is available, code GPCAM-2IN)
- CS-Mount insert (12.5mm back-focus) is pre-installed on camera. (Optional 5mm extension adapter is available for C-Mount lenses requiring 17.5mm back-focus.)
- Removable Clear blocking filter with AR anti-reflection coatings. (Removable for sensor cleaning).
- Plastic dust cap 1.25".
- Silicon "dust trapping? dust cap for darkframes.
- Note: This camera does not come with software in the box. To operate the camera you will need to download the latest camera drivers at www.altairastro.help (opens new window).
|Connections||USB3 /St4 komp.|
|Sensor type||SONY IMX287|
|Sensor size||1/2.9" ? 4.97mm x3.73 mm|
|ADC||8 / 12 bit|